Ashwagandha, Withania somnifera, is also known by various other names, such as “Indian ginseng”, “winter cherry”. Ayurveda, considers Ashwagandha to be one of the most significant plants. It is cultivated extensively in India and North America, whose roots have been employed by Ayurvedic practitioners for centuries.
Ashwagandha is a shrub that is widely used as a churna (powder mixture). They contain phytochemicals which are special compounds that play useful roles including immunity. They are also consumed in case of prevention of stress, Alzheimer;s disease, inflammation, cancer.
Ashwagandha is a powerful aphrodisiac that may aid with stress-related male infertility by enhancing testosterone levels. It is an antioxidant that helps to fight free radicals. This avoids sperm cell damage and death, resulting in increased sperm count as well as quality, while also improving male sexual health. Leaves of Ashwagandha helps in treatment of prostate cancer and the incidence of prevention of growth of cancer cells was less in patients who consumed Ashwagandha than who did not.
How to use Ashwagandha?
- Ashwagandha Capsules: Swallow 1 Ashwagandha capsule two times a day with warm milk or water, or as directed by the doctor.
- Milkshake with Ashwagandha:
- In a cup of pure ghee, roast 4 tablespoons of Ashwagandha powder.
- Mix in 1-2 teaspoon honey.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of this mixture with a glass of cold milk to drink.
- Blend well and drink right away for a better flavour.
- This mixture can be stored in the refrigerator and used as needed
- If you have a high blood sugar level, you should avoid honey
- Ashwagandha Tablets:
Take 1 Ashwagandha tablet two times a day with warm milk or water, or as directed by the doctor.
With honey or milk; 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Ashwagandha powder along with milk or honey, or as directed by a specialist.
- Ashwagandha Ladoo:
- 2 teaspoons of Ashwagandha powder.
- Toss in a spoonful of jaggery powder.
- To enhance the flavor, add a pinch of black salt and pepper to it.
- Evenly and thoroughly knead the ingredients.
- Roll the kneaded dough into a round shape between your palms in a circular motion.
- They can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Daily consumption of Ashwagandha may aid in reducing prostate cancer risk. To use it, take the recommended dosage of Ashwagandha supplements or consume the herb in tea, powder, or capsule form. Consult a healthcare professional before use.